Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

The impossible and another ‘sight’ of the Pagi Show

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that the Pagi Show didn't speak about Google Chrome when I wasn't on the show. The coolest, latest, free-est browser released during my 2-week leave. Come on man, the moment I found out it was coming out to the world to attack Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer – I just couldn't wait to get it downloaded.

The moment it was launched in the US, I logged on to Google and quickly got it downloaded.

So you're thinking, it's just another browser right? You have no idea how wrong you are – think about it, it's got a REALLY sleek interface and have you ever been in a situation where you were surfing, had loads of websites open and suddenly one dumb website decided to hang your browser and POOF! all your open websites were closed along with that 'crashing' site?

Google Chrome prevents all of that. It even has this really cool welcome page that greets you whenever you launch the browser – showing you your top 9 websites along with screenshots so that you could simply point, click and voila – your most commonly visited site.

If that's not enough, Google Chrome even has this "incognito" mode, it's just a fancy way of calling Private Browsing. Imagine you are surfing at sites where you don't want your mum, sis, dad, friend, dog, pet Chihuahua or cat to checkout – and I'm talking about your personal webmail or online banking sites okay… :P Just wack the incognito mode, surf the site you want, close it and POOF! everything – history, cookies, images, temporary internet files, every single trace you can think of will be wiped out during that incognito browsing mode. Cool or WHAT?

To think that this is just a Beta browser (testing stages) it really means that there are loads more things in place for the web surfing world. Just imagine the completed product.

Check it out and you won't regret it. :) Download it for free @ http://www.google.com/chrome

What else happened today? Well, more like yesterday, Fabes decided to place a frog on his head and stuck a honker near his forehead… why? I don't know. This is why I had to take the picture.

Okay, that's all for this week's blogs. More next week & Selamat Hari Raya to my Muslim friends – for those not celebrating – HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Got anything to say? Drop it by benloh@flyfm.com.my!

0 comments:

Post a Comment