Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

Ahha! The iPhone 3GS arrives in Malaysia!

image

Well, at least by means of booking… stock according to Maxis will only be available for pickup on the 31st of July 2009; which in my opinion isn’t too long really, considering the time it took for us to get the iPhone 3G in Malaysia when the entire world was already rejoicing it’s arrival and playing with it for a good 9 months.

From what I gather at www.maxis.com.my/iphone3gs, Maxis has learned from it’s previous experience. Instead of releasing just set of pathetic iValue plans like what they did for the 3G, the 3GS comes with everything – the iData plan, the iValue plan and Prepaid plan (which essentially is no plan at all – just pay a hefty price for the phone and use it).

The prices
As with Apple’s style of pricing, everything tends to come down in price whenever a new model comes about. The iPhone 3G (16GB) model is no longer offered and has been replaced with the iPhone 3GS (16GB).

image

I got my iPhone 3G (16GB) model with the iData Plan (24 months) at a price of RM 2,100. Today, the iPhone 3GS (16GB) with the same plan goes for RM 1,990. Which isn’t too bad at all.

Will I get it?
Thing is, I’m SUPER EXCITED about the phone. Everyone online has been raving about the SPEED, the voice control features and the anti-fingerprint screen - the only bummer is this, I read a clause on the site saying that any one customer can only have a maximum of 2 contracts tied to their account – which I already have. The only logical way out of this is to buy the phone using the ‘Prepaid plan’ – which essentially means paying a hefty RM 2,490 for the 16GB and RM 2,990 for the 32GB model…

Quick update…
Just got off the phone from Maxis Customer Support and they adviced me to chill. They’ll come back to me on my options later this evening. Hope there’s good news :)

To buy or not to buy… THAT IS DA QUESTION… :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment