Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

The Birthday Torture... or so it seemed...

It's a FLYDAY! Yay! Just one day after my 27th Birthday... Woke up yesterday, felt ABSOLUTELY GREAT. Went to work and strangely... no one mentioned anything to me... apart from Fabes who uttered - "Happy Birthday"... without much of a conviction and Nadia who read an SMS wishing me so she 'casually' wished me - then it was brushed off.

6am passed, 7am passed, 8am passed, 9am passed... I announced to the world it was my birthday on radio... STILL NO REACTION from Amrita the producer or the rest of the guys...

The team meeting came and went... it was already 12pm... then it was the Fly FM Station meeting... everyone was there and I was pretty sure I prepped everyone telling them it was my birthday on the 9th... STILL NO ONE UTTERED A WORD! I was in the studio till 3pm - left for lunch ALL BY MYSELF... then I told myself... well, SCREW it... it's MY BIRTHDAY, I'll treat myself to an awesome lunch... went to 1 Utama and thought maybe Basil and Hafiz would still be around since the station meeting just went by and their shift starts at 8. Called Basil and I was invited... STILL NO MENTION... until I had to say it "ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!" - they looked surprised... I was puzzled... but hey, that's where the journey began and I had my mini afternoon celebration...



Then I thought, this COULDN'T BE. The guys can't be this heartless... I'm sure they've got something up their sleeve. I called Stella to check if the guys preplanned anything and the answer was "nope" and I Went for my 1-on-1 dinner with my love later in the evening... IT WAS NOTHING LESS THAN FANTABULOUS and the CAKE!!! SUPER AWESOME!!!

From Blog Pictures

Ahh... Love... :)

From Blog Pictures

Escargots baby!

From Blog Pictures

Lobster bisque ole' chap? Topped with black lustrous caviar!

From Blog Pictures

and for main course, US Prime Rib Eye Steak - medium well... I don't like to see blood.. :)

From Blog Pictures

and the SUPER SUPER DUPER ALAMA BAMBA cake!

After a GREAT night... I kept thinking... I'm sure there's something that was going to happen. After numerous calls to Fabes with him assuring that NOTHING was going to happen... I was imbalanced... maybe they were being mean, maybe they forgot or maybe... just maybe... something would happen...

So true enough, at 9am this morning... I REALLY NEEDED to answer nature's call - yes, it's the combo - BIG & SMALL but the guys insisted that I stayed in the studio... the mic came on and VOILA! Birthday song... birthday message from the guys and gals in the station... MASSIVE iPhone CAKE! and even a present from Fabes! WOOHHOOOOO!

From Blog Pictures

The iPhone cake!!! If you're wondering, it's SUPER MOIST chocolate on the inside... Jules' mum baked this!

From Blog Pictures

a better view of the cake...

For all that, though it seemed mean at first, I have to thank EVERYONE involved... Fabes, Nadia, Jules, Prem, Hafiz, Basil, Hunny, Steve and especially AMRITA the producer of all producers... she the da bomb... who made all this happen. I feel soooo touched... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - you guys are the best team I've worked with and of course, I musn't forget the gazillions of people who wished me happy birthday on Facebook and Twitter... you guys ROCK! and made the 'torture' less painful... :P

1 comments:

10:17 PM Marvin Lee said...

Such a nice cake, Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment