Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

Finally - Internet Explorer 6 with TAB BROWSING!

Okay, I was super excited when I read an article reviewing Microsoft's first attempt in enabling it's browser with tab-browsing.

I got so excited that I didn't even have the time to download the 'plug-in' and have it tested on my machine prior to posting this entry.

This so called 'plug-in' is not exactly a plug-in per say. It is actually a little enhancement that's built into Microsoft's latest Popup blocker + Search toolbar - MSN Toolbar.

Once you get the latest version of this toolbar installed, have the browser restarted and voila! - Internet Explorer 6.0 with tab-browsing!



I can't believe its out. I can finally push Mozilla aside. For me, when it comes to research - especially when I need to open multiple web pages on one go, I would go for Mozilla's Firefox browser - as a matter of fact, that's the only thing I like about that browser.

Now that I have tab-browsing enabled in IE - it's time to say sooooo long... Firefox.

Next step - User experience, let's see how Microsoft has implemented the tab-browsing feature in IE. There are still questions left to be answered:

Will it be user friendly?
Will it have seamless integration with the browser since it's just an add-on?

More soon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment