Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

iPhone 3G officially in Malaysia - YAY???


My beloved blog readers, inserted below is my UTMOST DISAPPOINTMENT in MAXIS' latest iPhone promotion... yes it's in Malaysia OFFICIALLY... but look how it's played out on a Maxis customer? Below is an open letter I wrote to their customer care division...




Dear Maxis,

Being an extremely loyal customer of Maxis for the past 8 years and have literally grown with your company - with absolutely no doubt about your quality service and unparalleled customer service; a quick check on my account would reveal how closely I've followed your products, upgraded my plans from year to year - to my current usage of an average of @#$*@()* a month including my !@#!@# supplementary lines - this last introduction of iPhone 3G plans have been extremely disappointing.

My last change to my account was to sign up for a MyMaxis Phone Deal on the 1st of January 2009 with a contract of 24 months. Since I've been waiting for the longest time for the iPhone to reach Malaysia - I thought all hope was lost so I decided to leap onto the @#$@#$#@$ bandwagon.

Today, I discovered that iPhone has finally been brought in by my telco. It was a bitter sweet feeling.

Sweet - it's here, I can have it and I made the right choice by sticking with maxis all these years.

Bitter - Price plans were good but not great. I've learned throughout the years that with quality comes price so it didn't bother me much - but what about my existing plan? I still have at least 21-22 months left in the contract! So if I wanted the iphone, I'd have to get another line.

I was excited when I discovered this clause in your rate plan terms & conditions...

"If your Maxis mobile service is in contract and you choose to recontract and purchase an iPhone 3G your existing Maxis contract will stand and you will have another contract running concurrently starting from the date you collect your iPhone 3G. You will only pay the monthly subscription of your new plan, but should you have a temporary suspension of service, downgrading of price plan and termination of line pre-termination and/or liquidated damages charges for both contracts apply."

Excerpt from : http://www.maxis.com.my/iphone/rateplan1.asp

The excitement was short lived... when I was told by one of your maxis consultants that it didn't apply to my situation as I had 22 months of contract left to serve. The deal is this, IT DIDN'T ONCE MENTION about a minimum left-over of contract in the above clause! A typo? An oversight? Come on, this is maxis we're talking about - the one with the best team in EVERYTHING - from great service to support...

To make matters worse, I was told later that once I've gotten an iPlan if I so decide to pay a penalty of over 800 ringgit and switch over to the new iPlan, I'd lose all the privileges both myself and my supp lines have been experiencing! No more free calls between myself and the supp lines, no more free sms, no more free video calls - in fact since I was on plan @#$#@$@, my supp lines' per minute charges will be returned to the regular 15 cent / minute rate!

This is an OUTRAGE!

What is maxis really trying to do? Or was this an oversight? Either way, I hope this matter is looked into. I'm really really really disappointed in this as I doubt I'd be spending another @#$#@$# ringgit plus all the other charges to get the iPhone. If only the clause highlighted above was upheld the way it was written.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you & Best regards,
Ben - a very disappointed Maxis customer




Honestly... I'm truly disgusted...

7 comments:

9:57 PM Anonymous said...

Ben, it's sad to hear about your predicament.
I hope you get a reasonable reply from Maxis soon.
As during the first day of their online booking launch, I noticed that the Terms pdf and FAQ pdf was still under modification.
Maybe they will get more feedback from the public and come up with better promotional package, especially for existing Maxis customer.
I'm one myself but very unlikely I'll be taking up the iplan.
My thought is they might have overlooked customers like you and they should really consider having existing customers to convert their existing plans in the first place rather than looking for new customers. Who doesn't have a mobile phone/plan yet?

3:29 AM Anonymous said...

Dude, just get a parallel import iphone from lowyat. Heard that it's sold a much cheaper price too.
I seriously doubt that maxis would give a damn about your predicaments given that they had the exclusive ...err monopolistic rights to the iphone's distribution.
They're just interested in the money.....to hell with loyalty.

2:33 PM Anonymous said...

Yea, I agree it's totally unfair to clients using other existing contracts like you.

Maxis have about 1 week to fix all these mess before the official launch, hopefully there will be a solution for you too. Otherwise, it will be a total failure for such a great product.

3:08 PM lankapo said...

hi ben,
so this is th eguy that i selalu layan di FlyFM hehe.

lately,I am quite dissapointed with Maxis service,charge you sesuka hati,.totally suck.

I have been using maxis since 2000. ANO is rite, to hell with loyalty.

Just convert to celcom and get iphone from Lowyat gaga

8:03 PM leadtech said...

Brand new Mobile phone Plasma tv , Laptop game at cheap price comes with complete accessories with one year international warranty.

Email address : mediapoints_21@live.com

Samsung Omnia 16GB-----$400
Samsung Omnia 8GB------$350
Samsung Instinct sprint----$300

Nokia N97 32gb-------$500usd
Nokia N96 16gb------$450
Nokia N95 8gb-------$350

Apple iphone 3G 16GB -----$350
Apple iphone 3g 8gb--------$300

HTC P6500 Sirius Pocket PC Smartphone--$400
HTC Touch Diamond P3700 --$300
HTC Touch PRO EU----$300

Apple ipod itouch 32GB--------$300
Apple ipod itouch 16GB--------$250

Sony Ericsson C905--------$270
SONY ERICSSON XPERIA X1.......$450USD

AND MANY MORE…………

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 SPECS:

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 / 1700
Dimensions 110 x 53 x 16.7 mm
Display Type TFT touchscreen, 65K colors
GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
Camera 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels
Size 800 x 480 pixels, 3 inches
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Optical joystick navigation
Card slot microSD (TransFlash)
- 400 MB internal memory
- 128MB RAM, 256MB storage memory
- Qualcomm MSM7200 528MHz processor
Battery Standard battery, Li-Po, 1500 mAh

WE MAKE SHIPPMENT VIA UPS OR FEDEX EXPRESS OR DHL EXPRESS IN 2 DAYS AFTER CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT..

Email address : mediapoints_21@live.com

12:22 AM Anonymous said...

Brand new Mobile phone Plasma tv , Laptop game at cheap price comes with complete accessories with one year international warranty.

Email address : mediapoints_21@live.com


BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000.......$350USD
BLACKBERRY CURVE..............$350USD
BLACKBERRY STORM 9500.....$400USD

Samsung Omnia 16GB-----$400
Samsung Omnia 8GB------$350
Samsung Instinct sprint----$400

Nokia N97 32gb-------$500usd
Nokia N96 16gb------$450usd
Nokia N95 8gb-------$350

Apple iphone 3G 16GB -----$300
Apple iphone 3g 8gb--------$250

SONY ERICSSON XPERIA X1.......$450USD

AND MANY MORE…………

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 SPECS:

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 / 1700
Dimensions 110 x 53 x 16.7 mm
Display Type TFT touchscreen, 65K colors
GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
Camera 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels
Size 800 x 480 pixels, 3 inches
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Optical joystick navigation
Card slot microSD (TransFlash)
- 400 MB internal memory
- 128MB RAM, 256MB storage memory
- Qualcomm MSM7200 528MHz processor
Battery Standard battery, Li-Po, 1500 mAh

WE MAKE SHIPPMENT VIA UPS OR FEDEX EXPRESS OR DHL EXPRESS IN 2 DAYS AFTER CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT..

Email address : mediapoints_21@live.com

9:02 PM Anonymous said...

Buy 2units Of iPhone 3gs 32GB And Get 1 Free N97


Apple 3Gs 32GB iPhone
Apple 3Gs 16GB iPhone
Nokia N97
Samsung Omnia HD
Blackberry Storm
Apple 3G 8GB iPhone
Apple 3G 16GB Iphone
HTC Touch HD
Blackberry Pearl
Blackberry Thunder
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry Curve
Nokia 8800 Arte
Imate Ultimate 7150
Imate Ultimate 8150
Imate-Ultimate 9502
Imate-Ultimate 6150
Sony Ericsson R 306 Radio
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1
HTC Advantage X7510
HTC P347
HTC Touch Cruise
HTC Dual
HTC S730
HTC P6500
HTC TyTN II
Nokia N96
Nokia N80
Nokia E90
Nokia N86

WE SELL ALL BRAND OF MOBILE PHONES: SAMSUNG,NOKIA,SONY ERICSSON,IMATE,MOTOROLA,IPHONE,HTC,BLACKBERRY,LAPTOPS,PLASMA TV'S.

AND MORE OTHERS:

They are Brand New/Unlocked.

Email us at: electron.onlinestoresinc@gmail.com


Mr Rick Mantill
Sales/Advert Manager.

Post a Comment