Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

Fear not! Gmail is here!



Here's an e-mail I received from "Paypal" which I found to be placed along with my spam mails.

This supposedly "Paypal" e-mail was sent to alert me of someone with a strange IP address attempting to hack into my Paypal account and that I should follow this specific link which will require me to verify myself with my Paypal and Credit Card details.

With the Paypal logo, IP address and all, it does sound rather convincing... then came this GLARING HUGE BANNER right above of this message coming from Gmail which states:

Warning: This message may not be from whom it claims to be. Beware of following any links in it or of providing the sender with any personal information


It looks like Gmail has a built-in algorithm to check if mails are trying to initiate a "phishing" attack. One "phishing" mail down. Millions to go!

Fear not! Gmail is here... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment