Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

finally... phone #55 or is it #56?

The time has arrived. It's the time of the year when I increase the counter which keeps track of the number of mobile phones I have own. The only problem is that I don't exactly recall how many phones I have owned. All I know is that it has peaked over 50 - if my calculations are correct, this should be phone number 55 or 56. Or is it?

Anyway, here is what I got. For those who has been my blog, you would have heard of my excruciating problems with Sony Ericsson's S700i. The problems persisted and I could not hold on any longer. The solution? A BRAND SPANKING NEW... Sony Ericsson K750i!

Okay, some of you may ask, since you had such a bad experience with the S700i, why would you purchase another phone from the same company? The issue, in my opinion does not lie with Sony Ericsson, the brand itself. The brand, as a matter of fact is GREAT. I have always been a Sony Ericsson fan. If I recall correctly I have used at least 10 Sony Ericsson phones. All of which, with exception for the last one was nothing less than GREAT! These phones are packed with features and looks GREAT.

Enough of me blabbering about Sony Ericsson the brand. Let's focus on my black, sleek and beautiful Sony Ericsson K750i as pictured below.



If you've been keeping up-to-date with the mobile phone arena, you would have heard of the array of features the K750i offers.

Here's a quick overview of the features
  • 2.0 Megapixel Camera - with Auto-focus - YES! It actually focuses just like a normal camera!
  • Brilliant colour screen
  • 64MB Memory Stick Duo - supports up to 1GB
  • Built-in radio
  • Built-in video editor (they call it Video DJ)
  • Built-in ringtone composer (not the Nokia type - it actually has drums, trumpets and such!)
  • Mann... it'll take me forever to list the features

Anyway, those were just some of the published features. Here's my personal take on the phone.

The box... I shall say is nothing spectacular... just good ole' regular Sony Ericsson style. What's inside was pretty nice...

  • 64MB Memory Stick Duo (along with an adaptor to convert the miniaturized memory stick to the size of that of a regular memory stick)
  • USB Data Cable - FINALLY!
  • and of course, the usuals, the phone itself, manuals, battery and charger.

There is one thing which I really liked about Sony Ericsson mobile phones; and that's connectivity. I've always had no problems sending ringtones, pictures and the like from my notebook to the phone, vice versa and my phone to other phones. Unlike some Samsung or Nokia phones where propreitary software is required for transfer. The key advantage of Sony Ericsson is that they follow industry standards... from bluetooth to the basic infra-red data transfer protocol.

The K750i has followed Sony Ericsson's tradition. This time, they've added an even more innovative idea. Since the phone is capable of using a 1GB memory stick duo, why not change it into a portable storage drive? That's exactly what Sony Ericsson did. Plug in the K750i and it appears just like any other thumb drive.

Another thing I liked about this phone is user-upgradable firmware. If you have owned a Nokia, Samsung or any other mobile phone brands for that matter, you would have experienced faulty firmware, causing the phone to hang, suck up too much battery and the like... requiring you to send the phone back to an authorized service centre for a phone upgrade.

As a matter of fact, the user-upgradable firmware feature was incorporate in most if not all Sony Ericsson phones created or released into the market after the the release of the Sony Ericsson P900 (PDA Phone). All the user is required to do is to have the relevant data cable / docking station (in my case - the USB cable which came with my phone will do), log on to Sony Ericsson's support site, hit "firmware upgrade" and 20 minutes later, your phone is flashed with the latest firmware. So no more waiting in queues and long drives to the service centres.

Go Sony Ericsson go! I'll be posting pictures and videos taken with my brand spanking beloved phone REAL soon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment