Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

When technology messes with your brains...

Lately, I found myself getting a little paranoid when it comes to typing e-mails, typing a post for my blog or even having a casual verbal chat with friends.

I learned that I have become extremely dependant on Microsoft Word's infamous grammar correction tool. All I do is blab and rely on Microsoft Word's grammar correction utility to inform me when grammatical errors occur. This paranoia thing doesn't happen to me when I'm using Word to type out my assignments. It only happens when I type an e-mail or document using a standard text-box on the web or through web-based e-mail interfaces.

Instead of just jabbering all the way when typing or verbally chatting with people around me, I have this tendency to repeat the words that I have spoken or typed in my head and actively seek for grammatical errors. At first, it was fine but now, it's gotten to a point where its beginning to be a little annoying and stressful to say the least.

Just imagine yourself chatting with a friend and seconds later, you're repeating that whole to yourself; in search for grammatical errors - it's mind boggling.

There are two things that will be an outcome of this.

1. I become super proficient in grammar
2. I go mad :P

Neither option seems positive enough for me. Instead, I'll create an OPTION THREE... NOT LET THIS HAPPEN. Of course, given a situation where I am required to pick from one of the two, I'll pick the first one :)

So what am I going to do about this? Whenever words repeat in my head, I TELL MYSELF TO RELAX and try not to be too dependant on Word's grammar check feature.

Is this happening to everyone or is it just me?

1 comments:

12:51 PM soojc said...

no i don't have that issue..
el loco!

Post a Comment