Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

Holiday-ing anywhere in Malaysia...

It was a Friday when Ne Ne, the Show's Producer asked me to fetch her home. Was pretty alright as :
  1. I've never been to Ne Ne's place
  2. It'd be the best opportunity to know where she lives so that crashing whatever party she plans to have in the future would be an easy task
So we left KLIA and headed towards an inner part of Sepang (very close the LCCT airport). Did a couple of turns and there I was at Ne Ne's place. Dropped her off and left for home.

That was when it all began...

I switched on my trustee lil' GPS navigator - Garmin, pointed to home and ahead I went...

After a good 15 minutes of 'out-of-bearing' driving not knowing exactly where my Garmin was taking me to, I arrived at a strange looking town...



Out of no where came this town which had mountains surrounding it and shop lots that were extremely old yet very well maintained. It felt like I was in a forgotten part of the city... some place that was very near Cameron Highlands or some town that's just hundreds of KM away from KL... (yet it was just 15 minutes away from KLIA!). The longer I stayed in the area, the stranger it became, phone numbers in the area started with "06"!

Since it was Friday, I told myself, I'm going to enjoy this. I've always enjoyed road trips; especially ones that lead me through small kampungs (villages) or towns. I slowed the car down and absorbed it all... I felt like I was on a holiday...



Since I haven't had lunch, I decided to just pop by one of the shops along the way...



Parked the car right in front of this really really really old chinese shop. Got in and the first thing that caught my attention was the smell - the old woody shop smell that you'd only get in old shop houses / lots in places like Melaka. Sat down, asked for the house specialty and ate...



It was not exactly the most tasty meal BUT just watching the day go by, old grandpas occupying some of the tables and watching the scenery certainly said something to me...

In Malaysia, WE CAN have a holiday anywhere. The price? A bit of petrol and a 5 ringgit meal. Ahh... I love this country :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment