Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

The stress returns...

The stressful situation which I mentioned a couple of days earlier in my blog has returned. This time, its the stress of time.

There I was returning from my grandma's place earlier this evening. Stella was driving so I decided to go take a break lay comfy on the passenger seat for a while.

With no road to watch, no cars to watch and no paddles to meddle with, I decided to pickup my trustful Pocket PC and checked on the schedule of assignments for the next couple of weeks.

The check reminded me once more that I have got thousands and thousands of words worth of essays / reports to write alongside with the super tight datelines I will be facing in the next couple of weeks. With all that cramped into my head, feelings of distress overcame me. It was as though I was under tremendous amounts of pressure, it felt a bit warm and fuzzy inside coupled with anxiety and worries of not being able to complete my assignments on time.

Unlike earlier semesters, I actually had sufficient breaks between assignments so there was air to breathe. This semester was different.

Anyway, back to the situation in the car. I was on the passenger seat, took out my PDA, got a shock and depression was slowly settling in.

I finally arrived home, got straight into my room and started up my notebook which has an identical copy of the schedule of assignments in my PDA. I started rescheduling, this time, instead of just placing a dateline for each assignment, I decided to put in an additional entry which tells me exactly when I should begin and stop working on a particular assignment.

With all that set into the calendar, I ran through my schedule once more and this time, for some reason everything looked a bit more feasible... so all that depression in the car wasn't needed after all! I also discovered that the period of tight datelines will be over right after the 11th of May 2005 ... at least, that will be so until the time before the semester examination period begins.

Back to assignments, my next assignment is due exactly 7 days from today. So I thought to myself, it's 7 days. That's many many days. So why not just CHILL... RELAX...

What am I about to do next? Open up a bottle of Reisling wine! Ah... my favourite!

Cheers mate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment