Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

Balik KAMPUNG... lalalala BALIK KAMPUNG... NOT...

Yes, it felt like the whole of Malaysia went balik kampung on Wednesday for the Hari Raya holidays. Of course, being my kiasu self, I decided to latch on to the whole balik kampung feel, so Wednesday (1st day of Raya) I decided to head on to Melaka (which by the way is not my kampung) I just wanted a place to go to for FOOD.

Why Melaka? I have no idea, it just felt near... so off I went with Stella.. headed for Jonker Street where they've got the infamous Baba Style Cendol, Ice Kacang and of course the ultimate - Chicken Ball Rice ( for the uninitiated, it's not chicken's 'hahas' - it's just chicken rice made into tiny balls for easier consumption and in certain ways to make it more aesthetically appealing).

My fast ride from the heart of KL to the Seremban Highway was a breeze but the breeze stopped there...

Cars as far as the eye could see. I was literally crawling at 30km/hr on 110 km/hr speed limit highway.

After a super long ride, we finally arrived in Melaka. First thing that hit my eye was the largest pineapple tart ever made. It's seriously HUGE - so big that it got into Malaysia's book of records.

Then there are people lining up for the Baba Cendol / Ice Kacang at Jonker street

That done, since it was a day trip and I had to work on the following day which was incidentally a PUBLIC HOLIDAY (sorry gotta emphasize that) I had to make the day short and headed for the last food stop in Melaka - the Chicken Rice Ball...

Great food escapade but short lived as I HAD TO WORK ON A PUBLIC HOLIDAY the following day :P Okay, that's enough number of jabs... don't wanna lose my job :P

Got something to say? Drop it by benloh@flyfm.com.my! Selamat Hari Raya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment