Ben's take on gadgets, technology... life

AvatarWhen memory is placed online, it's for LIFE

When a huge organization like 'Apple' cares...

Before you start frowning, no - I'm not going to talk about living green, going green, doing green or even doing it in the green ... in fact, there's nothing green about this. Just pure metal and the core of technologies oozing out of every angle. 

iPod touch... 

In case you don't know what sort of marvel this is - it's only the coolest MP3 player out there and NO Apple isn't paying me a single cent talking about it here. It's just that I honestly do believe is the BEST mp3 player, web browsing gadget, youtube viewer, contacts manager, calendar, picture viewer, movie player, show-off thingi every living being MUST buy. 

Being one of the early adopters of everything (you'd be saying "SUCKERRRR!!!" now), for the first time I early adopters of the world can unite and say "THANK YOU"... especially to Apple. 

The beginning...

Here's why... when the iPod touch first came out, I broke the bank and bought 2 units - one for me and my beloved... of course, it was great then...

About a year down the line...

As with every technological masterpiece that comes out, there's bound to be an upgrade - true enough, it came ... in fact, 2 upgrades have come by... software & hardware wise. 

To cut a long story short, here's what the current iPod touch can do that mine cannot (well at least software wise). Ability to access Google Maps, Mail, add calendar entries... ability to use the iPod touch as the coolest REMOTE CONTROL (more on this in my next blog) ever... 

The stingy me...
Being the stingy me, I wouldn't want to break another bank so I held on... instead, I went online in search for an alternative solution... 

Then VOILA! An UPGRADE via iTunes! To get all the features of the latest and greatest iPod touch, all it required was USD$ 19.95.

Things to note...
  • it beats paying many folds more for a brand new iPod touch
  • there's only so much software can do - I would be missing out on the new built-in speakers on the newer version
  • it's freaking 70 ringgit!
  • I've got 2 iPod Touches - that'll be 140 ringgit!
Go ahead or not?

The go ahead...
I went ahead and decided to upgrade "Stella's iPod" first... and believe me - the upgrade is well worth the 70 ringgit paid. Everything is just faster, cooler, works better - mail is amazing - for my consulting job - it works WONDERS - it supports Microsoft Exchange Push-Mail too!

My kiasu self...
Being kiasu, I decided to bite the bullet and pay that extra 70 ringgit for my own unit... 

The miracle...
  • Plugged in my iPod touch into the notebook
  • Selected "YES - I would like to upgrade and pay that extra 19 USD"
  • Then the prompt came - "You've upgraded before, continue upgrade?" - I said YES and it was DONE for FREE! WOOHOO!!!
Pay 1 and get another free. Now that's what I call 'caring'... :)
 

1 comments:

4:10 PM Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH...dude! u beat the system!

:P

Post a Comment